Performing arts centre raindrop noise reduction
- Performing arts centre with noise issue caused by raindrop impact
- Colorbond Kliplok roofing used, causing significant panel excitement during rain storms
- Noise disrupting rehearsals and performances
- Megasorber consulted to provide a solution.
- Product installed as a retrofit, so can only be installed on top of existing roofing panels
- Product must be suitable for all weather environment, as it will be exposed to rain and UV
- High level of acoustic performance required to provide sufficient noise reduction inside the building
- Aesthetically pleasing appearance
- Simple to install
- Cost effective solution required.
D14-1000 Self adhesive vibration damping sheet. Sheet size 130mm x 1000mm x 2mm thick.
- High damping performance: typical noise reduction is about 20dB(A) when tested on a large freely suspended Colorbond panel
- High temperature resistance: the product can withstand temperature up to 200°C (short term exposure).
- Excellent bonding strength: the product has a unique in-built adhesive system and has high bonding strength with metal panels.
- Easy to handle: product was custom designed to fit within the ridges of the aluminium roof with a sheet size of 130mm x 1000mm
- Low installation cost: product is applied with a simple “peel and stick” application, specifically designed to be applied to flat roof panel sections
- Installation of vibration damping without removing the existing roofing panels
- 50% – 60% area coverage, providing a substantial cost saving in installation.