Soundproofing for RMIT TV Studios
Location: RMIT TV Studios,
Building 5, Level 3 Bowen Street, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Designer: 6 Degrees Architects
RMITV provides hands-on television experience to RMIT students and members of the local community.
TV Studio Architectural and Acoustic Requirements
- Functionality: must meet with studio acoustic design requirements
- Soundproofing materials must be fireproof
- Appearance must be aesthetically pleasing, with a unique design of 3D effect on the walls and ceilings
- Cost-effective and simple application
TV Studio Soundproofing Solution
Soundproofing products specified and used
- Two thicknesses: Megasorber P50 (50mm thick) and P25 (25mm thick)
- Colour combination: black, grey and white
- 3D effect: a random mix of P50 and P25 to create amazing 3D effects on both walls and ceiling
Soundproofing panels installation
- White Megasorber P25WH and P50WH were installed on the ceiling.
- Megasorber P25 and P50 were lined all the walls with a combination of white, grey and black colours.
TV Studio Soundproofing Results
The main recording room:
The control and music mixing rooms soundproofing:
The editing rooms soundproofing:
The 3D effect on the ceiling with a combination of P50WH (50mm) and P25WH (25mm):
The 3D effect on the walls with a combination of P50 and P25 in various colours:
Testimonial from the producer and the recording crew at RMIT
We love these studios. The 3D design is fantastic. When we talk in the corridor, it is so echoey. As soon as we are inside the studio, the
conversation just becomes so crystal clear. It is amazing.
Contact Megasorber Today for a Customised Solution to Your Noise Problem