Important Notice and Disclaimer: These recommendations are for general guidance only. Materials and
installation methods must be tested under actual service conditions to determine their suitability for a particular
The product can be hand-cut by a knife or machine-cut by a bench saw or rotating blade cutter with a fine tooth blade.
If cutting by hand, we recommend using a sharp Stanley and/or serrated knife.
We recommend wearing gloves during cutting. The Soundmesh G8 facing edges may cut or irritate the skin.
2. Edge Finish
Plastic, steel or aluminium U channels can be used to cover the edges. Alternatively, a matching Soundmesh G8 tape
can be used to seal the edges and joins. The standard Soundmesh G8 tape colours available are: Black (B), White
(W), Grey (G) and Sandstone (S).
3.Product without PSA Self-Adhesive Backing
Megasorber A200 High-Tack, High-Temperature Resistant Adhesive is recommended to adhere the product onto the substrate.
Alternatively, Megasorber A100 High-Tack Spray Adhesive is recommended if a spray-on adhesive is preferred. A mechanical fastening system is recommended to provide extra
support for overhead positions. Complete with trim or tape joins with Soundmesh G8 colour matching tape.
4. Products with Self-Adhesive Backing: Surface Preparation
- The surface must be flat, dry, free of oil, dust, grease and other contaminants.
- Product must be firmly pressed against the substrates upon applications to ensure the PSA backing has full contact
with the substrates.
- The application temperature is recommended to be at least above 10°C.
- For surfaces with wrinkles or pebbled finishes, Megasorber A200 is recommended in addition to the PSA adhesive backing.
- An adhesion test is recommended for low surface energy substrates (such as polypropylene, polystyrene and silicone
5. Peeling Off the Release Paper
- Pinch the foam at the corner against the release paper.
- Pull the foam back to separate it from the release paper.
- Pick up the release paper at the corner and peel it off.