Megasorber C14 is 14mm thick soundproofing foam-barrier composite consisting of a patented acoustically tuned fireproof
sound absorbing facing Soundmesh® G8 (U.S. Patent No. 8167085, Canada Patent No. 2674986, Australia Patent No.
2009206197) and a flexible noise barrier.
The unique facing material Soundmesh® G8 is non-combustible. It complies with IMO Resolution A653(16) requirements
and has BCA (Building Code of Australia) Group 1 fire Classification and BS 476 Part 4 "Non-combustible" classification.
The G8 has high-temperature resistance up to 550°C.
Traditional fireproof faced materials and sound reflecting film facings (such as aluminium foil, mylar film and polyurethane
film) have little or zero acoustic properties and tend to block noise from being absorbed by the underlying foam.
In contrast, Soundmesh G8 has been engineered and tuned to maximise the sound absorption.
Megasorber C14 provides excellent sound absorption and increases transmission loss thus maximising the soundproofing.
Megasorber C14 has a protective, tough, durable and easy to clean surface. The standard colour is black (colour code
= B). Combined with a hydrolysis resistant acoustic foam, it is especially suited for use in hot and humid areas,
such as boats or tropical environments.
Megasorber C14 meets with the requirements of GM Holden Australia Specifications HN 2483 - Acoustic Insulator.
- Designed for maximum noise insulation of engine noise insulation (125Hz – 2000Hz)
- Unique Soundmesh G8 facing, which is fireproof as well as tough and durable.
- Resists hydrolysis - foam will not rot under hot and humid conditions
- Easily cut, shaped, fabricated and installed
- Broad service temperatures: from -40°C to +120°C
- Maximises noise reduction by providing high sound absorption and sound transmission loss
- Proven efficiency in engine noise reduction
- Easy to install, ie low installation costs
- Long service life