Megasorber Soundmesh G8 tape is a specialty engineering tape designed for tough and harsh applications. It utilises
a unique fireproof material 'Soundmesh G8'
(U.S. Patent No. 8167085, Canada Patent No. 2674986, Australian Patent No. 200926197) combined with a high temperature
The facing material, Soundmesh G8, has BS 476 Part 4 "Non-combustible" classification and BCA (Building Code of Australia)
Group 1 fire Classification (AS/NZS 3837). It complies with IMO Resolution A653(16) requirements. It has high temperature
resistance up to 550°C.
Megasorber Soundmesh G8 tape has an extremely aggressive tack which provides excellent initial holding power. It is
a high temperature resistant tape and is capable of operating continuously from -29°C to +110°C and intermittently
Megasorber Soundmesh G8 tape is extremely tough and durable. It is puncture and tear resistant. It also provides excellent
thermal and heat insulation properties.
It is supplied with standard colours of grey (G), black (B), sandstone (S) and white (W). A special water / fluid repellent
G8 option is also available.
- Inherently fire-resistant facing, will not ignite
- High tack and high peel strength
- Excellent UV and temperature resistance
- High bonding strength at high and low temperatures
- Puncture and tear resistant
- Tough, durable and water repellent facing (optional)
- Suitable for outdoor applications
- Reduce potential fire hazard with fireproof facing
- Excellent thermal and heat insulation
- Strong initial grab
- Extremely high bonding strength
- Suitable for harsh environments such as hot and humid conditions
- Extremely tough and durable
- Long service life