Directions for Use
1) Substrates to be bonded should be clean and free from moisture, dirt, oil and other contaminants. Megasorber AC5 Adhesive Cleaner is recommended for surface cleaning.
2) Hold spray gun at a consistent distance of 150mm to 250mm from the substrates producing a web pattern across the
substrates with minimal overlap.
3) The adhesive should be applied at a coating weight of 2 dry grams per sq.m (dry), or 80% to 100% coverage.
4) When applying Megasorber A100 to porous materials, it is recommended applying two coats. Apply the first coat and
allow to dry. This will act as a sealer. When dry, apply the second coat and allow to dry properly before bonding.
This helps to ensure that the adhesive does not soak-in to substrate and that you have the proper amount on the
surface to achieve a strong, permanent bond.
5) Allow the adhesive to dry properly before bonding. To check for dryness use the back of your fingers and press into
the adhesive and lift up. Any adhesive transfer or legging indicates that the adhesive requires more time to dry.
If the adhesive feels tacky, but there is no transfer or legging, the adhesive is ready for bonding. If there are
heavy areas of adhesive present, press the back of your fingers in the adhesive and twist. If a skin has formed,
this will tear it open and allow you to notice that the adhesive requires more dry time. Do Not use the palm of
your hand to check for dryness. Dry time can vary depending on temperature, humidity and coating weight.
6) Bonds can be made as soon as the adhesive is dry.
7) Position the pieces carefully, since the strong bond is made instantly upon contact.
8) Use good uniform pressure to ensure good film fusion. A roller is the optimum method for applying pressure. Use
the maximum pressure possible without damaging the substrate.
For optimum results store canister above 18°C during use, but must always be above 10°C. Allow substrates to acclimatise
to normal room temperature (18°C) for 48 hours before bonding. Do not exceed open time of the adhesive. Keep canister
off cold concrete floors during use. If adhesive is expelled wet or as a jet, canister is too cold – move to warm
environment and allow to thoroughly acclimatise before reusing.
- Use only in well ventilated areas.
- Do Not thin or reactivate with solvents.
- Do Not incinerate.
- Do Not expose to extreme heat over 50°C.
- Keep away from sources of ignition.
- Release pressure before disconnecting hose.
- Test for suitability before use.
MSDS and Technical Date Sheets MUST be read and understood before use. Information contained in this technical literature
is believed to be accurate and offered in good faith for the benefit of the consumer. The company however cannot
assume any liability or risk involved in the use of its chemical products since the conditions of use are beyond
our control. Statements concerning the possible use of our products are not intended as recommendations to infringe
on any patent. These products are for industrial use only.
Megasorber AC5 Adhesive Cleaner is recommended for adhesive removal and cleaning.
Handling and Storage
- Consult Material Safety Data Sheet prior to use.
- Do Not store at temperatures over 50°C.
- Avoid exposure to direct sunlight.
- Do Not store directly on concrete floor.
- For optimum performance, store at 18°C during use, but must always be above 10°C.
- When connected, keep valve open and hose pressurised at all times.
- Do Not close valve until ready to connect to new cylinder.
- Release pressure in hose before disconnection.
- Always test Megasorber A100 to determine suitability for your particular application prior to use in production.
Shelf life is up to 12 months when stored in original and unopened containers.