Important Notice and Disclaimer:
These recommendations are for general guidance only. Materials and
installation methods must be tested under actual service conditions to determine their suitability for a particular purpose.
1. Keep Sheets Flat
Sheets must be kept flat during the handling and installation process. Bending or folding sheets will createFF
creases on the Soundmesh G8 facing. Once formed, these creases are difficult to remove.
2. Installing Panels - Megasorber Suspended Ceiling System
A Schematic Drawing of Megasorber Suspended Ceiling System
with Megasorber P50WR-WH(GP)
3. Installing Panels - Concrete slab, plasterboard or Bondor panel ceiling
A Schematic Drawing of Megasorber Acoustic Ceiling System
with Megasorber P50
4. Direct-fix onto Walls or Ceilings with Express Finish (with a 15mm to 30mm gap between panels)
Construction contact adhesive such as Megasorber A200 or Megasorber A100 spray-on contact adhesive is recommended to adhere
the product onto the substrate. Photos below show the installation proces and the typical finish. Important note: for architectural applications, do not butt-join panels.
Installing Megasorber P50 onto Walls:
Installing Megasorber P50 onto a Ceiling:
Installation of Megasorber FG50 onto the Ceiling and Walls:
Megasorber FG100 Installed onto Walls:
CAUTION: for large size panels (such as 1.2m x 2.4m) on a ceiling or overhead applications, a mechanical
fastening system is recommended to provide extra support. The photo below shows the combination of Megasorber A200
or Megasorber A100 spray-on contact adhesive and small screws if needed.
Application of small screws
5. Installing Panels onto Concrete Walls or Ceilings with Concrete Pins
Concrete pins are recommended together with a high-tack adhesive such as Megasorber A200 or Megasorber A100 spray-on
contact adhesive. A typical mechanical fastening system is shown below:
P50BK on Ceiling and Wall with Pin
Megasorber P100BK and P100GR Installed onto Concrete Slab Ceiling with Pins:
6. Other Edge Finishes
Plastic, steel or aluminium U channels can be used to cover the edges. The photos below show examples of different
Shadow line with aluminium plate and trim:
With aluminium channel finish:
Alternatively, a matching Soundmesh G8 tape can be used to seal the edges and joins. The standard Soundmesh G8
tape colours available are: Black, White, Grey (GR) and Sandstone (SS).
Recommendations for applying the Soundmesh G8 tape are:
- The substrate surface must be flat, dry, free of oil, dust, grease and other contaminants.
- Soundmesh G8 tape must be firmly pressed against the substrate upon application to ensure the adhesive has full
contact with the substrate.
- The application temperature is recommended to be at least above 10°C.
- For products with water repellent G8 facing, the G8 tape can be applied with heat and pressure, such as an iron
or a hot air-gun plus a pressure roller.
Megasorber P100BK with Soundmesh G8BK-T75 Tape used to Seal Joints
The product can be hand-cut by a knife or machine-cut by a bench saw or rotating blade cutter with a fine tooth blade.
If cutting by hand, we recommend using a sharp Stanley and/or serrated knife.
We recommend wearing gloves during cutting. The Soundmesh G8 facing edges may cut or irritate the skin.
8. Cutting Holes
Use a saw hole cutter or a hole puncher as the drill bit to cut holes through the product. A typical hole puncher and
drill bit are shown below:
9. Recommended Adhesives
Fast Drying, High-Tack Adhesive
Option 1: Megasorber A200 Fast Drying, High-Tack Adhesive
- High-tack, high-temperature resistant adhesive
- Odourless and fast curing
- Specifically designed to provide instant holding of the FM acoustic panel
- Apply A200 adhesive on the back side of the acoustic panel (not on the Soundmesh G8 facing). Important note: The Soundmesh G8 facing (woven non-combustible fabric) must face the noise. Apply the glue on the other side of the panel.
- Install the panel immediately after the application of the glue. Important note: A200 is a fast curing glue. You have approximately 7 minutes to position the panel, before the A200 glue starts to harden and loses tack.
- Align panel and apply gentle pressure to the panel. Megasorber A200 instantly holds the panel in position.
- Adjust and re-position panels as required, within 7 minutes after applying the glue.
- Once the panel is in place, apply firm and evenly distributed pressure to the panel to ensure it is level. DO NOT compress the panel with a pressure roller.
- Shadow-line finish for architectural applications: we recommend leaving a 15mm to 30mm gap between panels. DO NOT butt-join panels.
- Clean any excess A200 adhesive with Megasorber AC5.
- Allow at least 24 hours for adhesive to cure completely
- Recommended coverage:
- about one cartridge (290ml) per 1.2m x 1.2m panel
- about one and half (1.5) to two (2) sausages (600ml) per 1.2m x 2.4m panel
Please refer to Application Instruction of Megasorber A200 for more details.
Option 2: Megasorber A100 High-Tack Spray-On Adhesive
- An air-less spray adhesive system
- Specifically designed for installing Megasorber acoustic panels
- Supplied in a canister (17.2kg) or as an aerosol (500ml)
- Estimated coverage: about 99m2 per canister or about 4m2 per aerosol
Please refer to Application Instructions for Megasorber A100 for more details.
Megasorber AC5 Adhesive Cleaner
Megasorber AC5 Adhesive Cleaner is recommended for adhesive removal and surface cleaning.