Megasorber FM F plush lightweight acoustic panel is specially designed for architectural applications with an almost endless number of different colours available. With Pantone colour matching available, the FM F range offers great architectural design flexibility with a luxury plush finish and covered edges.
Excellent Acoustic Performance
Megasorber FM F plush acoustic panel utilises a patented fireproof sound-absorbing facing material, Soundmesh® G8 (U.S. Patent No. 8167085, Canadian Patent No. 2674986, Australian Patent No. 200926197), to provide superior sound absorption.
Megasorber Sound Absorption
Hear how Megasorber absorption panels effectively reduced the reverberation in a large hall
Soundproofing: Megasorber Patented Sound Absorption System
Endless colour options
Megasorber FM F plush acoustic panel has a standard range of 48 colours to choose from. Customized colours with colour matching Pantone shades are also available.
The colourful coating process also results in covered edges of the Megasorber FM F acoustic panel for an aesthetically pleasing finish.
Lightweight and Easy to Install
The panels are very lightweight and can be easily installed with Megasorber A200 high tack adhesive.
Reverberation or echo noise reduction for:
- Sports stadiums, multipurpose halls, school halls
- Music rooms, recording studios, home theatres
- Call centres, commercial and office buildings
- Restaurants, bars and clubs.
Features and benefits
The Megasorber FM F panel provides superior acoustic performance.
- Superior sound absorption using patented technology
- Acoustic panel with a luxury plush coating
- Lightweight and self-supporting
- Suitable for direct-fix using Megasorber A200 adhesive
- Up to 48 colour options
- Environmentally friendly
- Great architectural design flexibility with endless colour choices
- Reduces reverberation noise effectively
- Will not rot or powderize in hot and humid conditions
- Long service life
- Low installation costs
Typical results when tested in a reverberation room:
Random Incidence Absorption Coefficient tested to AS ISO 354-2006: ‘Acoustics: Measurement of sound absorption in a reverberation room’
Standard Product Range
|1.2m x 2.4m
|1.2m x 2.4m
|1.2m x 2.4m
|1.2m x 2.4m
|1.2m x 2.4m
|1.2m x 2.4m
- 48 colours are available, and MOQ (minimum order quantity) applies for other customised colours. Add colour code for your required colour. For example:
Megasorber FM25F-EB: 25mm thick, electrical blue (EB)
Megasorber FM25F-AQ: 25mm thick, aqua (AQ)
Please refer to the colour chart for the full range of colours and colour codes.
Note: we do not recommend coating FM panels with white or light-colours.
- There may be some colour variation between batches.
- Thickness tolerance is ±5%, and sheet dimension tolerance is ±1%.
- Other sheet sizes available are: 1200mm x 1200mm and 1200mm x 600mm (1195mm x 595mm if packed in boxes). We can cut panels to size; however, extra cutting charges apply.
Base foam colour: white or grey
Thermal Conductivity ASTM C177: 0.032W/mK
Density, weight and thermal insulation properties:
|*Calculated value based on thermal conductivity
|Nominal Density (kg/m3)
|Nominal Weight (kg/m2)
Installation instructions and care & maintenance guide
These recommendations are for general guidance only. Installation methods must be tested under actual service conditions to determine their suitability for a particular purpose.
Keep acoustic panels ﬂat. Panels must be kept ﬂat during the handling and installation process. Bending or folding sheets may create creases on the Soundmesh® G8 facing. Once formed, these creases are diﬃcult to remove.
Cutting (if required). The panel can be hand-cut by a knife (sharp utility knife or similar), or machine-cut by a bench saw or rotating blade cutter with a toothless blade.
Note: It is recommended to wear gloves during cutting. The Soundmesh® G8 facing edges may irritate or cut the skin.
Clean substrate surface with Megasorber AC5, acetone or similar. The surface must be dry, free of oil, dust, grease, rust and other contaminants.
Install the panels direct-ﬁx using Megasorber A200 or A100 adhesives, with express ﬁnish edges or between panels using powder-coated aluminium trim.
Clean dirt and marks on the Soundmesh® G8 facing with Megasorber
M8 Clean block and water. Dry with a microﬁber cloth. Remove excessive adhesive on hands, cloth or equipment with Megasorber AC5.
Direct-ﬁx acoustic panels using Megasorber A200 adhesive.
Available in 600ml sausage for caulking gun and 290ml cartridges for cartridge gun.
- Apply adhesive on the back of the acoustic panel (NOT on the Soundmesh® G8 facing).
- Install the panel immediately after application of the
Full-size panel (1.2m x 2.4m) adhesive application
Minimum bead size (glue width) = 10mm to 15mm diameter. Recommended usage: approx. 1.5 to 2 sausages per full-size panel (1.2m x 2.4m), or approx. 2-3 cartridges per full-size panel.
Direct-ﬁx with Megasorber A100
- Connect a hose and spray gun to the new canister. Roll the canister backwards and forwards vigorously for 1-2 minutes to ensure the adhesive has not settled or separated during transit.
- Spray adhesive onto the back of the acoustic panel (not on the Soundmesh® G8 facing). Spray one coat to seal the porous surface vertically and then a second coat horizontally to achieve maximum adhesive contact.
- Spray adhesive on the substrate
- Allow adhesive to dry thoroughly. The adhesive should be touch-dry in 3-5 minutes (depending on conditions).
- Bond both surfaces together within 10 minutes of the adhesive being touch-dry.
- Apply uniform pressure over the surface.
Note: we recommend A100 on a smooth surface, such as refrigeration panels, plasterboards and metal panels. A100 is not suitable for uneven or textured surfaces. For uneven or textured surfaces, such as concrete soﬃt and brickwork, we recommend A200 adhesive.
Leave a gap of 20mm to 30mm between panels
Powder-coated aluminium or metal trims
FM50 Acoustic Panel
Information for Specifiers
Please feel free to use the information to include in your project specifications.