Megasorber Soundmesh® G8 tape is designed for tough and harsh applications.
Megasorber Soundmesh® G8 tape has an extremely aggressive tack which provides excellent initial holding power. It is a high temperature resistant tape and is capable of operating continuously from -29℃ to +110℃ and intermittently to +138℃.
Megasorber Soundmesh® G8 tape is extremely tough and durable. It is puncture and tear resistant.
It also provides excellent thermal and heat insulation properties.
Megasorber Soundmesh® G8 tape is supplied in widths of 50mm, 75mm and 100mm with standard colours of grey (GR), black (BK) and white (WH). Alternative width tapes or colour options in Dark Grey (DG), Aquatic (Q) and Sandstone (SS) are available by special order, with a minimum order applicable.
A water repellent G8 option is also available.
- Soundmesh® G8 facing.
- Puncture and tear-resistant.
- Extremely tough and durable.
- Excellent thermal and heat insulation.
- Suitable for harsh environments such as in hot and humid conditions.
- Strong initial grab and high bonding strength
- Long service life.
Seal joint between acoustic panels. Examples from previously completed projects:
- Fox Sports Studio.
- Melabourne Airport T4 Bus Bay.
- Gold Coast Airport.
Megasorber T is non-combustible, puncture-resistant self-adhesive tape.
Standard thickness 25mm, 50mm, 100mm
|Product Code||Thickness||Panel Size|
|Megasorber FM25||25mm||1.2m x 2.4m|
|Megasorber FM50||50mm||1.2m x 2.4m|
|Megasorber FM100||100mm||1.15m x 2.35m|
Other thicknesses available: (minimum order quantity applies) 12mm, 38mm & 75mm
- Base foam is either white or light-grey;
- Standard facing colours are: white, grey and black; Aquatic, Dark Grey and Sandstone are made to We offer custom cutting to size; please note that cutting charges will apply. Prices will be quoted on the application.
- Product code with optional extra:
- G8 facing may have a stripy appearance and creases. Hairline creases may appear on the facing when The creases do not affect the acoustic performance.
- There are colour variations between batches; whilst we take every care to minimise batch-to-batch variation, in some instances, variation may be unavoidable and will occur.
- Dimensional change will occur in the FM foam substrate with change in relative humidity and temperature, this may cause creasing on the Soundmesh® G8 facing. The creases do not affect the acoustic performance.
- Thickness tolerance is ± 5%, and sheet dimension tolerance is ± 1%.
- The standard sheet size is 2m x 2.4m. Other sheet sizes available: 1200mm x 1200mm and 1200mm x 600mm (1195mm x 595mm if packed in boxes). We can cut panels to size; however, extra cutting charges apply.
- Water repellent facing is recommended for easy surface
- Recommended adhesive is Megasorber A200 or Megasorber
W = White
G = Grey
RW = Water repellent white
B = Black
RB = Water repellent black
G = Grey
RG = Water repellent grey
DG = Dark Grey
RDG = Water repellent dark grey
RS = Water repellent sandstone
RQ = Water repellent aquatic
DS = G8 on both sides
Blank = G8 on one side only
- Base foam colour: White or light grey;
- Density, weight and thermal insulation (R-value) properties
|Nominal density (kg/m³)||25||16||13||12||11||10|
|Nominal weight (kg/m2)||0.30||0.40||0.50||0.60||0.80||1.0|
* Calculated value based on thermal conductivity @ 15℃
- AS 1 – 2015 Determination of fire hazard properties:
Product Group Number Classification Average Specific Extinction Area
Group 1 98.3 m²/kg
- 1-2015: Reaction to Fire Tests – Heat Release Smoke Production and Mass Loss Rates. Group 1 Classification.
- 3.1989: Early Fire Hazard Properties: Simultaneous Determination of Ignitability, Flame Propagation, Heat Release:
|Ignitability||Spread of Flame||Heat Evolved||Smoke Developed|
- BS 476-6:1989+A1:2009 Fire tests on building materials and structures – Fire propagation of products:
|Fire propagation index, I||Sub-index, i1||Sub-index, i2||Sub-index, i3|
AS ISO 354-2006 Measurement Results
Frequency Random Incidence Absorption Coefficient
- BS 476-7:1997 Fire tests on building materials and structures – Surface spread of flame of products Classification: Class
- EN45545-2:2013+A1:2015 Railway Applications – Fire protection on railway vehicles Part 2: Requirements for fire behaviour of materials and components. Meets the requirements of R1 for HL1, HL2, HL3 Hazard Level Classification.
Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC)
ASTM D5116 “Standard Guide for Small-Scale Environmental Chamber Determinations of Organic Emissions from Indoor Material/ Products”: 0.016 mg/m2/hr (well below the GreenTag requirement limit of 0.5mg/m2/hr).
Installation instructions and care & maintenance guide
These recommendations are for general guidance only. Installation methods must be tested under actual service conditions to determine their suitability for a particular purpose.
Keep acoustic panels ﬂat. Panels must be kept ﬂat during the handling and installation process. Bending or folding sheets may create creases on the Soundmesh® G8 facing. Once formed, these creases are diﬃcult to remove.
Cutting (if required). The panel can be hand-cut by a knife (sharp utility knife or similar), or machine-cut by a bench saw or rotating blade cutter with a toothless blade.
Note: It is recommended to wear gloves during cutting. The Soundmesh® G8 facing edges may irritate or cut the skin.
Clean substrate surface with Megasorber AC5, acetone or similar. The surface must be dry and free of oil, dust, grease, rust and other contaminants.
Install the panels direct-ﬁx using Megasorber A200 or A100 adhesives, with express ﬁnish edges or between panels using powder-coated aluminium trim.
Clean dirt and marks on the Soundmesh® G8 facing with Megasorber
M8 Clean block and water. Dry with a microﬁber cloth. Remove excessive adhesive on hands, cloth or equipment with Megasorber AC5.
Direct-ﬁx acoustic panels using Megasorber A200 adhesive.
Available in 600ml sausage for caulking gun and 290ml cartridges for cartridge gun.
- Apply adhesive on the back of the acoustic panel (NOT on the Soundmesh® G8 facing).
- Install the panel immediately after application of the
Full-size panel (1.2m x 2.4m) adhesive application
Minimum bead size (glue width) = 10mm to 15mm diameter. Recommended usage: approx. 1.5 to 2 sausages per full-size panel (1.2m x 2.4m), or approx. 2-3 cartridges per full-size panel.
Direct-ﬁx with Megasorber A100
- Connect a hose and spray gun to the new canister. Roll the canister backwards and forwards vigorously for 1-2 minutes to ensure the adhesive has not settled or separated during transit.
- Spray adhesive onto the back of the acoustic panel (not on the Soundmesh® G8 facing). Spray one coat to seal the porous surface vertically and then a second coat horizontally to achieve maximum adhesive contact.
- Spray adhesive on the substrate
- Allow adhesive to dry thoroughly. The adhesive should be touch-dry in 3-5 minutes (depending on conditions).
- Bond both surfaces together within 10 minutes of the adhesive being touch-dry.
- Apply uniform pressure over the surface.
Note: we recommend A100 on a smooth surface, such as refrigeration panels, plasterboards and metal panels. A100 is not suitable for uneven or textured surfaces. For uneven or textured surfaces, such as concrete soﬃt and brickwork, we recommend A200 adhesive.
Leave a gap of 20mm to 30mm between panels
Powder-coated aluminium or metal trims
FM50 Acoustic Panel
Information for Specifiers
Please feel free to use the information to include in your project specifications.