Megasorber A200 is a high-tack and high-temperature resistant adhesive utilising the latest polymer-alloy technology. It allows the re-positioning of acoustic panels.
Odourless and fast curing
Megasorber A200 is a high-tack and high-temperature resistant adhesive utilising the latest polymer-alloy technology. It is a one-component moisture-cured adhesive.
Megasorber A200 adhesive is free of solvent, isocyanate, PVC and silicones. It is natural, odourless and fast curing.
Megasorber A200 adhesive has a temperature resistance up to 200°C (short-term exposed for 10 minutes) once cured. It forms an extremely strong bond once fully cured, and a mechanical method has to be used to remove it.
This adhesive has very good UV resistance, aging resistance and chemical resistance. It is suitable for harsh environments, such as swimming pools, mining and outdoor applications.
Available in cartridges or sausages.
Megasorber A200 Application video
Designed for bonding Megasorber acoustic materials: Megasorber FM, Megasorber P and Megasorber FG
- High initial grab, i.e., there is no need for additional support of the panels during the curing process.
- Allows re-positioning for up to a few minutes.
- High bonding strength.
- No odour or solvent.
- Long service life.
- Clean to handle and easy to apply.
- High tack and high bonding strength.
- Free of solvent, isocyanate, PVC and silicones.
- One component moisture cured formulation.
- Odourless and fast curing.
- Suitable for aquatic centres and pool environments.
- High-temperature resistance up to 200°C (short-term exposure only)
- Completely weather resistant.
- Environmentally friendly: low VOC.
- Ease of application: can be extruded with hand, air or battery gun.
Standard thickness 25mm, 50mm, 100mm
|Product Code||Thickness||Panel Size|
|Megasorber FM25||25mm||1.2m x 2.4m|
|Megasorber FM50||50mm||1.2m x 2.4m|
|Megasorber FM100||100mm||1.15m x 2.35m|
Other thicknesses available: (minimum order quantity applies) 12mm, 38mm & 75mm
- Base foam is either white or light-grey;
- Standard facing colours are: white, grey and black; Aquatic, Dark Grey and Sandstone are made to We offer custom cutting to size; please note that cutting charges will apply. Prices will be quoted on the application.
- Product code with optional extra:
- G8 facing may have a stripy appearance and creases. Hairline creases may appear on the facing when The creases do not affect the acoustic performance.
- There are colour variations between batches; whilst we take every care to minimise batch-to-batch variation, in some instances, variation may be unavoidable and will occur.
- Dimensional change will occur in the FM foam substrate with a change in relative humidity and temperature, this may cause creasing on the Soundmesh® G8 facing. The creases do not affect acoustic performance.
- Thickness tolerance is ± 5% and sheet dimension tolerance is ± 1%.
- The standard sheet size is 2m x 2.4m. Other sheet sizes available: 1200mm x 1200mm and 1200mm x 600mm (1195mm x 595mm if packed in boxes). We can cut panels to size; however, extra cutting charges apply.
- Water repellent facing is recommended for easy surface
- Recommended adhesive is Megasorber A200 or Megasorber
W = White
G = Grey
RW = Water repellent white
B = Black
RB = Water repellent black
G = Grey
RG = Water repellent grey
DG = Dark Grey
RDG = Water repellent dark grey
RS = Water repellent sandstone
RQ = Water repellent aquatic
DS = G8 on both sides
Blank = G8 on one side only
- Base foam colour: White or light grey;
- Density, weight and thermal insulation (R-value) properties
|Nominal density (kg/m³)||25||16||13||12||11||10|
|Nominal weight (kg/m2)||0.30||0.40||0.50||0.60||0.80||1.0|
* Calculated value based on thermal conductivity @ 15℃
- AS 1 – 2015 Determination of fire hazard properties:
Product Group Number Classification Average Specific Extinction Area
Group 1 98.3 m²/kg
- 1-2015: Reaction to Fire Tests – Heat Release Smoke Production and Mass Loss Rates. Group 1 Classification.
- 3.1989: Early Fire Hazard Properties: Simultaneous Determination of Ignitability, Flame Propagation, Heat Release:
|Ignitability||Spread of Flame||Heat Evolved||Smoke Developed|
- BS 476-6:1989+A1:2009 Fire tests on building materials and structures – Fire propagation of products:
|Fire propagation index, I||Sub-index, i1||Sub-index, i2||Sub-index, i3|
AS ISO 354-2006 Measurement Results
Frequency Random Incidence Absorption Coefficient
- BS 476-7:1997 Fire tests on building materials and structures – Surface spread of flame of products Classification: Class
- EN45545-2:2013+A1:2015 Railway Applications – Fire protection on railway vehicles Part 2: Requirements for fire behaviour of materials and components. Meets the requirements of R1 for HL1, HL2, HL3 Hazard Level Classification.
Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC)
ASTM D5116 “Standard Guide for Small-Scale Environmental Chamber Determinations of Organic Emissions from Indoor Material/ Products”: 0.016 mg/m2/hr (well below the GreenTag requirement limit of 0.5mg/m2/hr).
These recommendations are for general guidance only. Installation methods must be tested under actual service conditions to determine their suitability for a particular purpose.