Vibration damping & vibration isolators
Vibration damping treatment is one of the most cost-effective ways to reduce low-frequency structure-borne noise. Megasorber vibration damping tiles and vibration damping sheets are designed to suit various applications. General recommendations for vibration damping, according to panel thickness, are:
- Thin metal panels (up to 4mm thick): Megasorber D14 or LD5.
- Thick metal panels (4mm to 12mm thick): Megasorber DT2S, DT2A or DIS8.
- Very thick metal panels (over 12mm thick): Megasorber DIS8 + top metal plate.
- Lightweight applications: Megasorber D14.
- Spray-on or paint-on applications: Megasorber LD5.
The treatment by vibration damping material can reduce the impact vibration noise up to 20 dB(A).