Megasorber DIS8 is a vibration isolation and damping material. Using the latest polymer alloy technology, Megasorber
DIS8 has a unique polymer blend designed to provide high viscous damping and isolation properties over a wide temperature
range with built-in self-adhesive technology.
Megasorber DIS8 is 2mm thick self-adhesive sheet with plastic release liner on both sides. It is designed to be sandwiched
between two panels, thus forming a 'vibration isolation and constrained layer damping' system. This isolation and
damping system provides excellent vibration damping to reduce the low frequency structure-borne noise as well as
dramatically increase the sound transmission loss.
The built-in self-adhesive technology provides for ease of installation. This unique adhesion enables the product to
withstand temperatures up to 180°C without delaminating from the substrate. In addition, Megasorber DIS8 has excellent
adhesion to primed steel, lacquered steel, aluminium and low surface energy substrate such as polypropylene and
Megasorber DIS8 complies with IMO Resolution A653(16) for marine applications.
Megasorber DIS8 is a light weight vibration isolation and damping material. It is designed to provide maximum vibration
damping and isolation without adding much weight. It is one of the most suitable damping material for weight sensitive
applications, such as automotive, boats and buses and trains.
- Reduce panel vibration and resonant noise effectively
- Increase sound transmission loss
- Low installation cost – just peel and stick on
- Suitable for high temperature applications up to 120°C (short term exposure only)
- Low or non-fire hazard
- Safe and environmentally friendly
- High Damping efficiency: Damping Co-efficient (Cd ) when constrained with 1mm thick steel plate or aluminium plate
- The latest built-in adhesive technology – excellent adhesion to most substrates including polypropylene
- Complying with IMO Resolution A653(16) for marine applications
- High temperature resistance – it can stand up to 120°C in overhead and vertical positions
- Low flammability: AS1530.3: 0,0,0,0-1 (with constrained layer)
- Self-adhesive for easy "peel and stick on" application