Reverberation control provides speech intelligence and speech privacy in public buildings, sports stadiums or offices, restaurants or internationally renowned theatres and so on.
Megasorber’s range of acoustic absorption panels gives architects, engineers and designers great flexibility to reduce the reverberation or echo to suit bespoke project needs.
Sound absorption video for echo noise reduction
Sound recording before and after the installation of Megasorber sound-absorbing panels in a Scout hall
1. Direct-fix systems for soffits and walls.
The systems consist of Megasorber acoustic panels FM, WFM and P range products with a unique fast curing adhesive Megasorber A200. It is specifically designed for concrete soffits, insulated roof panels (such as Kingspan roofing panels) and walls.
Combined with an express finish, it is one of the most cost-effective solutions for reverberation control, especially for large spaces and halls.
2. Acoustic backings
for perforated/slotted panels and timber or aluminium battens
- Megasorber Soundmesh® G8 and G8A are acoustically tuned to convert slotted panels, perforated panels or any other decorative panels into acoustic panels. Furthermore, it is also attached to the back of timber or aluminium battens. Combined with an air gap, the acoustic performance is up to NRC 0.80.
- Megasorber PN is a thin acoustic board that can be easily inserted or thatched onto the back of timber or aluminium battens. The acoustic performance is NRC up to 0.80 when combined with an air gap.
- Megasorber Wavebreaker is a patented product, and it provides superior acoustic performance with NRC up to 1.0 with a plenum.
3. Acoustic wave banners or acoustic blades
Megasorber WaveBreaker 25 and 50 are also cut to waveform and vertically hung to form wave banners.
4. Speech intelligibility and speech privacy
Megasorber CM28 and CM52
Speech intelligibility requires high sound-absorbing acoustic panels to minimise the reverberation inside the room. Speech privacy requires high Rw (or STC) for the partition walls and ceiling. A schematic drawing below shows an office without any acoustic treatments, resulting in poor speech intelligibility and speech privacy.
Megasorber CM28 and CM52 are specifically designed to provide superior speech intelligence and speech privacy for ceiling grid applications. A schematic drawing is shown below. For more details, please follow this link: Soundproofing Composite.
Acoustic absorption panels
Megasorber’s FM range of acoustic absorption panels perfectly suits the harsh environments of aquatic centres and swimming pools.
The lightweight design gives architects and designers the freedom to tailor the look of the finish while still being easy to install.View our FM range of absorption products