United Energy Transformer Noise Reduction
Sycamore Street, East Malvern Victoria
- High sound absorption at low frequency (60Hz to 120Hz)
- Suitable for outdoor applications
- Water repellent facing
- Must not grow mould when exposed to rain
- Low frequency tonal ‘humming’ noise impacting nearby residents
- Initial remediation using brick walls
- Additional treatment is required to comply with environmental noise regulations
P100G-RG 100mm acoustic polyester panel with water repellent Soundmesh® G8 facing (Grey).
- Add noise barriers to block out the direct noise path to residential areas
- Line the noise barrier and all walls with Megasorber P100 to absorb transformer noise
- Line concrete footing areas with Megasorber P100 to further increase sound absorption.
- The tonal humming noise heard beyond the transformer has been vastly reduced.
- The site is now compliant with environmental noise regulations.
- There are no longer any complaints from local residents.
Noise level before treatment:
Noise level after treatment:
Megasorber P for external applications
See and hear how Megasorber P can effectively reduce reverberation in outdoor applications.